1 hr 10 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
Try any firm, sweet tart apple such as Braeburn or golden delicious apples.The chicken can be prepared ahead of time and cooked later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 large firm apple, peeled, cored, and shredded
- flour, for dusting
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Place chicken breast on a large sheet of waxed or plastic; cover with another sheet; pound chicken breast to 1/4 inch thickness, remove the top sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Combine the goat cheese, lemon rind, and apple; divide the apple mixture among the chicken breast and spread the mixture evenly over half the surface of each breast; fold each breast in half and press the edges together, forming a pocket.
- 3Sprinkle the flour onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- 4In a small bowl combine the egg and water; In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- 5Dust each chicken breast lightly with flour and dip into egg mixture, moistening all surfaces.
- 6Coat with bread crumb mixture, patting the crumbs gently in place. (The chicken can be prepared to this point several hours ahead; cover and refrigerate, when ready to cook, bring the chicken to room temperature).
- 7In a large, heavy skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat; Add chicken; cook until browned and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes per side, drain on paper towels and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breast Stuffed With Apple and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.5
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 135.2 mg
- Sodium 719.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 35.7 g