Prep 16 mins
Cook 15 mins
The soaking water from the sun-dried tomatoes can be refrigerated for several days. The liquid adds a layer of flavor to salad dressings, or can be used in place of part of the chicken or vegetable broth in recipes.
- Soak sun-dried tomatoes in enough boiling water to just cover them.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium high.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened.
- Remove skillet from heat and transfer onions to small bowl.
- Drain tomatoes, discarding the soaking liquid or reserving it for another use.
- Add chopped tomatoes to onions and stir in basil and feta.
- Cut a horizontal slit in each chicken breast to form a pocket.
- Stuff each with 1/4 of cheese mixture.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and saute for 6 minutes.
- Carefully turn them and cook another 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
I had sun-dried tomato pesto on hand so I used that to replace the tomatoes and olive oil. I flattened each breast. made a two breast "sandwich" with the cheese, etc, dipped them in panko and sauteed them on medium-low heat. Then I served each of us 1/2 a "sandwich." Delicious, Dancer.
Very good...a simple recipe for a quick dinner for 2- I used 2 thin sliced pieces of chicken, cut the recipe in half, put the filling on one of the sides and folded over the chicken instead of slitting a pocket and I just pinched the edges. I also lightly breaded them, and put a small amount of olive oil in the pan to cook them- they came out great, and I will be cooking again soon!Thanks!!!
Great recipe! My family really enjoyed this one. It was easy to make and tasted delicious. The only changes I made were to sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and too cook the chicken a little longer.