Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very creamy, flavorful casserole. Cook time is for time it takes to bake the dish after all is assembled. Number of servings is estimated - depends on portion size.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cook noodles and broccoli to package directions.
- Make sauce by melting butter; add flour, salt, mustard and pepper and stir well.
- Stir in milk til thick, then add cheese and stir til melted.
- Place cooked noodles in bottom of greased casserole, then top with broccoli, then chicken.
- Cover with sauce and bake for 15 minutes.
- Can top with buttered crumbs, if desired.
New Favorite! About once a year I would buy a Stouffer's frozen food like this. The sodium and cost were high compared to this recipe. It is a real comfort food. I usually do not like any casserole. This one is an exception! I did not layer. I mixed the ingredients. I also used Italian Bead crumbs on the top with some extra cheese.
i used california blend veggies instead of just broccoli, it was great! and filling
I really liked this recipe and will be making it lots more. Very easy to prepare, however, next time I may try and mix all of the ingredients before placing in the casserole dish instead of layering them. I did add a bit more cheese (1/2 cup?) to the sauce and I did add the buttered crackers crumbs to the top. It was delicious. Thank you for another great recipe, Marie!!!!!