Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very creamy, flavorful casserole. Cook time is for time it takes to bake the dish after all is assembled. Number of servings is estimated - depends on portion size.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cook noodles and broccoli to package directions.
- Make sauce by melting butter; add flour, salt, mustard and pepper and stir well.
- Stir in milk til thick, then add cheese and stir til melted.
- Place cooked noodles in bottom of greased casserole, then top with broccoli, then chicken.
- Cover with sauce and bake for 15 minutes.
- Can top with buttered crumbs, if desired.
New Favorite! About once a year I would buy a Stouffer's frozen food like this. The sodium and cost were high compared to this recipe. It is a real comfort food. I usually do not like any casserole. This one is an exception! I did not layer. I mixed the ingredients. I also used Italian Bead crumbs on the top with some extra cheese.
i used california blend veggies instead of just broccoli, it was great! and filling
I really liked this recipe and will be making it lots more. Very easy to prepare, however, next time I may try and mix all of the ingredients before placing in the casserole dish instead of layering them. I did add a bit more cheese (1/2 cup?) to the sauce and I did add the buttered crackers crumbs to the top. It was delicious. Thank you for another great recipe, Marie!!!!!