1/2 Photos of Chicken Cheese Lasagna
I'm not sure where this recipe came from but it is absolutely wonderful. DH loves this and its a good way to get him to eat spinach.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles (9-10 noodles)
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1Heat butter in 2 qt saucepan over low heat until melted.
- 2Add garlic.
- 3Stir in flour and salt.
- 4Cook, stirring constantly until bubbly.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in milk and broth.
- 6Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 7Stir in mozzarella, 3/4 cup Parmesan, onion, basil, oregano, parsley and pepper.
- 8Cook over low heat stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- 9Spread 1/4 of the cheese sauce (about 1 1/2 cups) in ungreased 13x9 dish and top with 3 or 4 noodles (cooked or uncooked, your preference), overlapping if necessary.
- 10Spread 1/2 of the cottage cheese over noodles.
- 11Repeat with 1/4 of cheese sauce, 3-4 noodles, and remaining cottage cheese.
- 12Top with chicken, spinach, 1/4 of cheese sauce, remaining noodles, and remaining cheese sauce.
- 13Sprinkle with 3/4 cup Parmesan and 1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese.
- 14Cook uncovered at 350°F 20-30 minutes until nice and bubbly.
- 15Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cheese Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 763.9
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 149.1 mg
- Sodium 1654.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 49.2 g