Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This turned out great, better then I thought. I don't cook often with canned soup, but one I had to try, I served it with tosses garden salad and soft fresh biscuits.
- 4 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked, drained
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions with tops, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes
- Combine noodles and chicken in bowl; mix well.
- Combine butter and soup in bowl, stirring until blended.
- Add sour cream, salt, pepper, green onions and 1 1/2 cups cheese; mix well.
- Spoon into buttered 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mixture of 1/2 cup cheese and corn flakes.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Well, good grief-I never thought such a "no frills" recipe would be enjoyed so much! Made it last night for dinner and my 6 yr. old had three helpings. Best thing is, I used lowfat sour cream and chicken soup, and fat free shredded cheddar and it was still rich and creamy with approximately 325 calories per serving (6).
Love this recipe. I have been making it for a long time now.
I think this is one of the best chicken casseroles I've ever tasted! I followed the recipe exactly as written and I wouldn't change a thing. It was creamy, cheesy, and had that occassional small bite of green onion. I'll be making this often when I have leftover chicken or turkey. Thanx!