1/3 Photos of Chicken Joseph Monroe
2 hrs 37 mins
2 hrs 17 mins
These are stuffed boneless chicken breasts. The nutmeg brings out the flavor of the blue cheese and Swiss cheese nestled in the chicken. Also has cream cheese, which for me has always been a plus! Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 3/4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, large, beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, dry and finely crushed
- 1Melt 1/4 cup butter over low heat. The fat will rise to the top, and the solids will sink to the bottom. Skim off the white froth that appears on top. Then strain off the clear, yellow clarified butter, keeping back the sediment of the milk solids. Set the clarified butter aside.
- 2Combine cream cheese and the next 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Shape the mixture into 6 balls; roll in Swiss cheese.
- 3Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 4Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- 5Spread mustard evenly over each chicken breast half.
- 6Top each with a chilled cheese ball.
- 7Fold long sides of chicken over cheese ball; fold ends over, and secure with wooden picks.
- 8Dredge chicken in flour; dip in egg, and roll in breadcrumbs.
- 9Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 10Brown chicken in clarified butter in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat 2 to 3 minutes.
- 11Place skillet in oven; bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 7 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 12Remove and discard the toothpicks.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Joseph Monroe
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.7
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 201.2 mg
- Sodium 618.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 34.4 g