1/1 Photo of Chicken Parmesan with Mushroom Rosemary Sauce and Steamed Broccoli
This is an entry in the Ready, Set Cook contest of June 2002. I wanted to try a different sauce to serve with polenta instead of the usual tomato sauce. So here goes....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large skinless chicken fillets
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 90 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- refrigerated polenta
- 1/3 cup plain flour, for dusting polenta
- olive oil, to deep fry polenta
Mushroom Rosemary Sauce
- 100 g butter
- 300 g oyster mushrooms, halved
- 400 g swiss cremini mushrooms
- 300 g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 60 ml dry white wine
- 125 ml sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 500 g fresh broccoli
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1Chicken Parmesan: Combine breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley.
- 2Melt butter in saucepan, add crushed garlic, Worcestershire sauce and dry mustard.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Dip chicken fillets in butter mixture and place in shallow ovenproof dish.
- 5Press crumb mixture on top of each fillet.
- 6Bake, uncovered, at 180°C for 20 to 25 minutes or until the juices of the chicken run clear when pierced with a toothpick.
- 7Do not over cook the chicken.
- 8Polenta: Cut refrigerated polenta in triangles.
- 9Toss triangles in flour; shake away excess flour.
- 10Deep-fry polenta in hot oil until browned; drain on absorbent paper.
- 11Set aside on a plate and keep warm.
- 12Mushroom rosemary sauce: Heat butter in large saucepan; cook mushrooms and rosemary, stirring, 2 minutes.
- 13Add remaining ingredients; cook, stirring, until mushrooms are soft.
- 14Broccoli: Cut broccoli into flowerets and steam until just tender.
- 15Then into a bowl with the steamed broccoli toss in the knob of butter salt and pepper to taste and lemon juice.
- 16Combine well.
- 17Plate up: Place a triangle of deep fried polenta on a plate.
- 18Layer a piece of Chicken Parmesan on the polenta and drizzle the Mushroom Rosemary sauce over the chicken and polenta.
- 19And finally add the steam broccoli.
- 20Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Parmesan with Mushroom Rosemary Sauce and Steamed Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 719.9
- Calories from Fat 464
- Total Fat 51.6 g
- Saturated Fat 31.1 g
- Cholesterol 130.1 mg
- Sodium 853.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: