Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A low fat chicken roll based off a Cooking Light recipe I have made several times.
Make and share this Chicken Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 cups chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- I a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, saute onion in olive oil until soft. Add spinach and cook until all moisture is gone. Allow to cool.
- Add chicken, cheese, egg substitute, wine, salt, pepper and garlic. Mix well.
- Lay out 1 phyllo sheet at a time. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with 1 T bread crumbs.
- Fold the rectangle in half so the two short ends touch.
- Spray with cooking spray. On short side of phyllo play 1/8 of the chicken mixture leaving a 1 inch boarder.
- Fold boarder over chicken mixture. Fold in side both long sides of the phyllo. Roll up the phyllo as you would an eggroll.
- Repeat with remaining 7 sheets.
- Place each roll seam side down on a non-stick cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
- To bake right away: Spray each roll with nonstick spray and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- To freeze: Place rolls in a zip top bag. Freeze flat. To cook, do not thaw. From frozen bake in a 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
Wonderful recipe! Made it for my family this weekend and they thought I bought the rolls.!
This was perfect for our supper. We loved the spinach in it too. I plan on making another batch to freeze for later use. Another great recipe, Erindipity.