A low fat chicken roll based off a Cooking Light recipe I have made several times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 cups chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1I a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, saute onion in olive oil until soft. Add spinach and cook until all moisture is gone. Allow to cool.
- 2Add chicken, cheese, egg substitute, wine, salt, pepper and garlic. Mix well.
- 3Lay out 1 phyllo sheet at a time. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with 1 T bread crumbs.
- 4Fold the rectangle in half so the two short ends touch.
- 5Spray with cooking spray. On short side of phyllo play 1/8 of the chicken mixture leaving a 1 inch boarder.
- 6Fold boarder over chicken mixture. Fold in side both long sides of the phyllo. Roll up the phyllo as you would an eggroll.
- 7Repeat with remaining 7 sheets.
- 8Place each roll seam side down on a non-stick cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
- 9To bake right away: Spray each roll with nonstick spray and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 10To freeze: Place rolls in a zip top bag. Freeze flat. To cook, do not thaw. From frozen bake in a 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 267.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: