1/1 Photo of Chile Relleno Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
Toby Jermain's Note:
This is another recipes that's been around for years. It tastes like real chile rellenos, but is a lot easier to make. Serve with hot flour and corn tortillas and butter, with a simple salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 lb monterey jack cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- 3 (4 ounce) cans whole green chilies
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 (5 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 -3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce, with
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, added
- hot tortilla, and
- butter, as accompaniment
- 1Grease a 8-9" square baking dish.
- 2Layer in the following order; half of chilies (split open and laid flat), Jack cheese, remaining chilies, cheddar cheese.
- 3Mix flour, milk and eggs.
- 4Pour over layered ingredients.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- 6Pour tomato sauce over top and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- 7Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Relleno Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.2
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 223.9 mg
- Sodium 1373.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 39.8 g