Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Published in Food & Wine, January 2008 issue.
Make and share this Classic Cheese Fondue recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, toss the Gruyere and Emmentaler with the cornstarch.
- Rub the inside of a cheese fondue pot, or medium, enameled cast-iron casserole with the garlic, then add the wine and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cheese mixture all at once.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir over moderately low heat just until the cheese is melted and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Kirsch and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the bread, salami and pickles.
- Make ahead: The fondue can be refrigerated overnight and reheated in a microwave, or on the stove over low heat.