Published in Food & Wine, January 2008 issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, toss the Gruyere and Emmentaler with the cornstarch.
- 2Rub the inside of a cheese fondue pot, or medium, enameled cast-iron casserole with the garlic, then add the wine and bring to a simmer.
- 3Add the cheese mixture all at once.
- 4Using a wooden spoon, stir over moderately low heat just until the cheese is melted and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in the Kirsch and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Serve with the bread, salami and pickles.
- 7Make ahead: The fondue can be refrigerated overnight and reheated in a microwave, or on the stove over low heat.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Cheese Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.4
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 186.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: