Hey Jude's Note:
This delicious party snack was adapted from a recipe from Clyde's Restaurant in Washington, D.C.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb backfin crab meat or 1/2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon other seafood seasoning
- 5 dashes hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained,chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- cracker, for serving
- 1Heat oven to 400°.
- 2Pick over crab meat, removing shells; set aside.
- 3Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat; add onion, cook until golden, 3 minutes.
- 4Whisk in cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, seafood seasoning and pepper sauce until combined completely, fold in artichoke hearts and crab meat.
- 5Pour mixture into a shallow, ungreased 3-cup oven-proof bowl or 8-inch square baking dish.
- 6Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top and bake until bubbling and golden, 30 minutes.
- 7Serve with crackers.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic crab and artichoke dip
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.5
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Sodium 237.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning