Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 33 mins
This delicious party snack was adapted from a recipe from Clyde's Restaurant in Washington, D.C.
Make and share this Classic crab and artichoke dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb backfin crab meat or 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon other seafood seasoning
- 5 dashes hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained,chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- cracker, for serving
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Pick over crab meat, removing shells; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat; add onion, cook until golden, 3 minutes.
- Whisk in cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, seafood seasoning and pepper sauce until combined completely, fold in artichoke hearts and crab meat.
- Pour mixture into a shallow, ungreased 3-cup oven-proof bowl or 8-inch square baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top and bake until bubbling and golden, 30 minutes.
- Serve with crackers.
Based on the other reviews, I added a clove of crushed garlic to the onions. I also cut the cream cheese in half. It was still a little bland, so next time I'll probably double the old bay.
Sorry, but this didn't work out for me as well as I had hoped. I found it to be a little bland, and the crabmeat sort of gets "lost" in all the other ingredients.