I found this recipe on a box of Mrs. Grass Recipe, Soup & Dip Mix, made by Wyler's. I like to add artichokes to fit my liking. I like cold and hot spinach dip. This recipe is meant to be cold but it could probably be good served warm too, heat in the oven till bubbly.
- Allow cream cheese to warm to room temperature so it mixes easier with other ingredients.
- Thaw, drain and squeeze dry spinach.
- Chop green onions and artichokes hearts.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, vegetable soup mix, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and onions (and artichoke hearts if desired). Chill for at least two hours.
- Serve with bread cubes or crackers. I like mine cold with vegetable flavor crackers.
This was fantastic for a hot summer day. I accidentally forgot the green onions and Parmesan, but it didn't seem to need them. I will try them next time though! I also switched out the vegetable soup mix for a packet of Uncle Dan's ranch dressing mix, as I am not fond of the former. We loved it and it's a great way to mix it up if you make this often. This is so simple to make if you have a blender or a food processor too - dump, mix and you're done! We loved ours served with veggies and whole wheat pita chips. Thanks so much for the recipe, we'll be back to this one often I think.
Good with veggie tray and crackers at our last pool party! Easy to make and seemed to make everyone eat more carrot sticks...