Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From myrecipes.com, originally from Cooking Light. Looks and sounds so good!
Make and share this Cool-As-A-Cucumber Shrimp Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup minced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 (1 1/2 ounce) French rolls
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced radish
- 6 leaves curly leaf lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine green onions, cream cheese, mayonnaise, yogurt, dill, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Split rolls and spread each half with cream cheese mixture.
- Arrange shrimp on bottom halves of rolls. Top with cucumber slices, radish slices, and lettuce leaves. Place top halves of rolls over all and serve.
I cannot clearly articulate the goodness of this "feel-good" food. Absolutely refreshing, crispy calm lettuce, crunchy cute cucumber, raving-red radish, and shy pink-pillow shrimp. How could you ever go wrong with this combination? The sauce, well..the ...sauce...is well, extraordinary. The fresh dill, the yogurt bite, the cream-cheese-ness smoothness, and green onion is yummerish-ish. Very easy to prepare, and more then easy to devour because now you will need to make more. I used a French baguette, and believe me, you will want to make this if all you have is a cracker. Great, great & will make this often. Made for Everyday is a Holiday May 2009
Delicious simply delicious. Even my picky dh enjoyed this tasty treat. The sauce was refreshing and flavorful, the shrimp were large, crisp and tender, the radishes, cucumber and lettuce were the frosting on this sandwich. It was quick and easy to put together with a great POW factor. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe Halcyon, I will be making this again often.