We call these toasted fingers in Australia. This is a North West US recipe.
Make and share this Crab Open Grilled Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- Toast bread.
- In a medium fry pan melt butter, saute green onions for 30 seconds. Add parsley and crab meat.
- Blend cornflour with milk and wine, pour into pan stirring continuously until boiling and thickened, add pepper and salt.
- Spread a sixth of the mixture over each slice of toasted bread.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, place under grill or broiler until cheese has melted and lightly browned.
- Cut each slice into three fingers.
This is a good way to use up some more of the crabs we catch. I used the meat from 3 blue swimmers for it. I wouldn't mind the mix piled into avocado halves and baked for a 70s style appetiser.
Used canned crab and a mild cheddar and they were quite good but I'll be trying these again with fresh crab next time around. Made for January Recipe Swap.