Russ and I came up with this last night. It was excellent and enjoyed by all of us. I think you could use tinned crab-we used fresh crab we caught ourselves.
- Mix crab, cheese, onions, dill, lemon juice and salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Heat oven to moderated.
- Spray a baking tray with oil.
- Open out the chicken fillet, spread one half with a quarter of the crab mix.
- Enclose with other half.
- Wrap each fillet with 2 thin slices of prosciutto, maing sure ends are on the underside.
- Place on the baking tray in the moderate oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
- We ate ours with hollondaise sauce.
Instead of the Swiss cheese I used cream cheese and it was fabulous! I loved the creaminess of the cheese with the other ingredients and it made for a great stuffing mixture for the chicken!
Quick, Easy and Yummo!!! We loved this I made with fresh crab meat as I feel you can not beat fresh. I am sure it would be nice with tinned but no where near as delicious as fresh. I loved the fact that the stuffing was nice but did not over power the gorgeous flavour of the crab. I loved using crab as a stuffing for chicken, but I hate it when a recipe gets so over complicated with filling, that you loose that crab flavour. No problems here a perfect balance. I served ours over fresh asparagus, mushrooms and sun-dried tomato. I also served with a hollandaise sauce as Jan had suggested. It was a really lovely meal and wrapping the chicken in the prosciutto to finish was a nice touch that just added to the overall flavour. Cheers Jan
This was an easy recipe and very good. It was moist and the proscitto was a nice touch. I did season the chicken with salt and pepper before stuffing.