Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 lbs fresh large mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (can use lite)
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Wash and remove stems from mushroom caps.
- Chop the stems, and saute them, along with the onion in the margarine.
- Saute until the onion softens.
- Remove fromo heat.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to onion mixture.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture.
- You may top with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Place under broiler, watching closely, until stuffing bubbles.
Great stuffed mushrooms. They are also quick and easy to prepare. I used butter instead of margarine and added some chives to the stuffing. I'll make these again. Thanx for sharing.