Had this recipes for years, they're moist and the kids love it.
Make and share this Cream Cheese Apple Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced apples, peeled
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and milk, butter, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stir in to cream cheese mixture just until moistened. Fold in apples and bran flakes.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle topping over. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes .
The recipe instructions mention adding milk, but milk is not a listed ingredient. I'm sure my muffins would have turned out better if I'd known how much milk should be used for this recipe! [Editor's Note: We contacted the author and added the "1 cup milk" as a result of this review. Thanks!]
simply delicious, a pure heaven
These were very yummy!