1 hr 15 mins
If you love sweet breads then you HAVE to try this recipe. The cream cheese makes it sooo moist and creamy. And the cayenne gives it a unique kick (not spicy). Best when its warm and smeared with butter. (hey, I never said it was a healthy bread) :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (you may use more or less depending on personal taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups carrots, grated (about 2 large)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 3 eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In large bowl, whisk together first 7 (seven) ingredients and set aside.
- 3In another large bowl beat together cream cheese, bananas, butter, sugar, eggs and ginger using a hand mixer. (I like to leave it a bit lumpy so you get bits of cream cheese in your bread).
- 4Stir in carrots.
- 5Slowing mix in dry ingredients until just incoperated.
- 6Divide mixture between two greased loaf pans.
- 7Bake for 60 to 65 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Spice Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2025 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2631.9
- Calories from Fat 859
- Total Fat 95.5 g
- Saturated Fat 54.3 g
- Cholesterol 525.9 mg
- Sodium 2982.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 416.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.1 g
- Sugars 238.6 g
- Protein 39.8 g