Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you love sweet breads then you HAVE to try this recipe. The cream cheese makes it sooo moist and creamy. And the cayenne gives it a unique kick (not spicy). Best when its warm and smeared with butter. (hey, I never said it was a healthy bread) :)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (you may use more or less depending on personal taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups carrots, grated (about 2 large)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, whisk together first 7 (seven) ingredients and set aside.
- In another large bowl beat together cream cheese, bananas, butter, sugar, eggs and ginger using a hand mixer. (I like to leave it a bit lumpy so you get bits of cream cheese in your bread).
- Stir in carrots.
- Slowing mix in dry ingredients until just incoperated.
- Divide mixture between two greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.