Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from a chef at a local restaurant and I love it.
Make and share this Creamy Broccoli Soup With Cheddar Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- In medium sauce pot, add 4 tablespoons olive oil, celery, and garlic and cook 5-8 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and stir with a whisk to break up flour.
- Cook for about 1/2 hour. Soup should thicken slowly.
- Add broccoli, cream, lime juice, and Tabasco.
- Cook 15 minutes. Do not let boil.
- Add cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
YUM!! My husband loved it too and he is not a big soup eater. My only problem was it took a long time to cook the broccoli. I think I had it on too low as I was worried about boiling. Is it considered boiling if there are any bubbles?
This is FANTASTIC! Our new favorite soup around here. Thanks for sharing.
I have been looking for a restaurant quality broccoli soup for so long. This was just outstanding. I used half and half instead of cream and 3 Tbsp. of butter to save some calories, and it was still so rich creamy and delicious. Thank you so much for posting this. My husband said it was a winner as well, and he has never cared about broccoli soup.