Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Creamy Cheddar Fondue recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk or 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- chunky French bread, cubed (dipper)
- Heat cream cheese with milk in fondue pot or saucepan on low heat.
- Stir until it is smooth.
- Add in the cheddar cheese; keep stirring!
- Let completely melt together; stir in the onion.
- You may dip the French bread into the fondue!
I made this for a get together with some friends from church. I picked this recipe because it didn't contain alcohol. It was a huge hit! I doubled the recipe, sauteed the onion with a little garlic in a pat of butter and drizzle of olive oil, then used part milk, part 1/2 and 1/2, and used only 12 ounces of cream cheese adding in 4 ounces of velveeta, and adding a dash of Franks hot sauce. It was very thin when I took it out of the saucepan and put it in the slow cooker on low, but it was perfect within 30 minutes. For my first attempt at fondue, I was very pleased. Thanks for posting!
very delicious and easy...my teen and young adult kids loved it with a variety of dippers: french bread chunks, pretzels, chicken nuggets, hot dog chunks, celery sticks, red bell pepper chunks and cherry tomatoes. I had a fondue party for them for New Years Eve and it was a hit!
I had trouble with this recipe but maybe it was my cheese? It was very thick and really stringy. I added some milk to smooth it out. The taste was very rich. If I make this again I would definitely add a bit of garlic.