Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This a really good and easy chicken casserole that we like to make on Sunday. Its nice for company too. I got this out of a local retirement house cookbook.
- 6 whole chicken breasts
- 8 slices swiss cheese (4x4 inch)
- 1 (11 ounce) can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (Don't use cooking wine)
- 1 cup of pepperidge farm herb seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- Arrange chicken in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with Pam.
- Top with swiss cheese slices.
- Combine soup and wine, stirring well.
- Spoon sauce evenly over breasts.
- Sprinkle generously with stuffing mix.
- Drizzle melted margarine over crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes.
- Serves 6.
Very nice and easy everyday meal. Family enjoyed it. I placed a piece of ham under the swiss cheese which gave it extra taste. Will cook again.
There are many versions of this recipe, but this is the one I use. This is my absolute favorite chicken dish and I go back to it over and over and over. You can make it in a crockpot or in a conventional oven. Either way, I love it. I always tend to add more stuffing on top (my favorite part)and I add canned mushrooms on top of the chicken before I put the cheese on. —
This is a very easy and tasty. I used almost the whole package of Stove Top stuffing mix and next time will probably use the whole thing. Also, you didn't state if the dish needed to be covered while baking but I covered mine. Thanks for a great recipe that I'm sure we will be having again becuase it's so easy and fast to throw together.