Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great Party dip
Make and share this Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces fresh spinach
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 13 ounces marinated artichoke hearts (drain well)
- Tear artichokes apart with your fingers.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Bake in lightly buttered 3 quart crockpot on High for ~1 hour.
- Can be turned to low when finished and served directly from the crock pot.
This is excellent! So much be better than the recipes that use the frozen spinach. I doubled the recipe and didn't quite double the spinach. I tore up some of the leaves and left others whole and honestly don't know if it made a difference. I also added some half and half at the beginning to help speed up the melting of the cheeses, most especially the cream cheese. And I think using the marinated artichokes (I used three small jars) made a tremendous difference to the flavor. It turned out amazing! Honestly, you will fall in love with this recipe!
Very good and super easy. I made this for an office potluck and had to do it last minute at the office and it turned out great. I did make 2 very small changes. First, I subbed a blend of mozzarella, smoked provolone and Parmesan for the mozzarella and Parmesan just for convenience. I also stirred in a couple of teaspoons of hot sauce at the end, not for heat but for some acid/ flavor contrast. This was definitely a keeper!
Very delicious. I cut back on the spinach, only put in about 10 ounces and chopped up the leaves before mixing into the dip. Thanks Erin K. Brown for a fabulous dip. Made for Fall 2011 PAC.