These are very easy to make and are absolutely delicious. The ingredients are estimates since it really depends on how large your crostini are. Feel free to make your own crostini by cutting french bread into thin slices and toasting them in the oven. Prep time does not include the soak time for the figs. Another option for serving, is to take the soaked figs and blend in a mini food processor, then spread on the goat cheese before baking.
- 16 plain crostini (home made or store bought)
- 6 -8 ounces chevre goat cheese
- 12 dried figs
- 1⁄2-1 cup balsamic vinegar (enough to cover the figs so that they can soak)
- Chop figs into 1/4 inch pieces and soak in balsamic vinegar, over night.
- When ready, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread goat cheese onto the crostini, and top with a spoonful of the chopped balsamic figs. Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and drizzle with a few drops of the remaining balsamic vinegar. Serve.