Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
Posted and developed by Melissa Clark, in the New York Times on 9/12/2007, for Rosh Hoshana. Not at all for the health conscious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put raisins in a micro-wave safe bowl or small saucepan and cover with sherry or orange juice. Heat on stove top (3 minutes) or microwave (1 1/2 minutes) until liquid is steaming hot. Let cool while you prepare kugel mixture.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter an 11 x 17 inch jellyroll pan. Cook noodles according to package directions and drain well. Immediately return noodles to pot and add butter. Toss until butter melts.
- 3In large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest and salt. Drain raisins and add to bowl along with butter noodles. Mix well.
- 4Spread mixture in prepared pan and smooth top. Bake until top is crusty and golden, 25 to 35 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Noodle Kugel a La Great-Aunt Martha
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.8
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 192.1 mg
- Sodium 379.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of