1/10 Photos of Crustless Broccoli and Cottage Cheese Pie
1 hr 10 mins
My second entry into the broccoli quiche category...this one is from Vegetarian Pleasures. Breadcrumbs in recipes always confuse me, I'm not sure what I'm being asked for. In this one, you want to make a slice or two of toast, let it (them) cool, and give a buzz in the food processer. This can be made up to 8 hours in advance-cover and chill the crust and filling separtely. Have not done that, so I could only guess how you might need to adjust the baking time; maybe another 15 minutes? I don't know why it's called crustless, it has a crust, just a thin one. Anyway, it's yummy. I've had no problem using lowfat/non-fat milk and cottage cheese. I never use the cayenne pepper, because Mr. B. does not like even a touch of heat, so I don't know how that tastes in there. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, preferably whole wheat
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped and cooked
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into bits
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Generously butter 9 inch pie pan or quiche pan.
- 3Mix the parmesan cheese and bread crumbs together and pat on the bottom and sides of the dish-this will form the crust.
- 4Mix the cottage cheese, milk, Monterey Jack and eggs together well, then stir in the remaining ingredients (except the butter). Pour into the pie crust and smooth over the top, then dot with butter.
- 5Bake for 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out almost clean. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crustless Broccoli and Cottage Cheese Pie
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.7
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 191.1 mg
- Sodium 791.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 24.5 g