Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My grandmother's recipe. If you want to reduce the calories I would recommend half the cheese and a low-fat sour cream.
- 907.18 g frozen diced hash browns
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 311.84 g cream of chicken soup (approximately)
- 340.19 g sour cream
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 473.18 ml potato chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 inch dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Top with crushed potato chips for the last 5 minutes of the hour.
Wonderful potatoes and couldnt be easier to make. I had sour cream and onion potato chips that I crumbled on top and enjoyed the tang they added. I did make half the recipe for just the two of us and will enjoy leftovers for lunch. Thank you tomsawyer for posting this recipe. Made and reviewed ZWT5, Bodacious Brickhouse Babes team.
OOH LA LA! This is a treat. I substituted cream of mushroom soup for cream of chicken, but otherwise followed exactly as written. Well, ok I have to confess I tried to combine all the ingredients in a 9x13" dish instead of mixing in a bowl, but that didn't work so I poured the ingredients back into the bowl and back into the 9x13" dish. This would be a perfect potluck dish. Made for Spring Pac 2009. Thank you Tom Sawyer (and your Grandma) for your terrific comfort food!