Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This really is a deliciously different pasta salad that even the hard to please members of my family just loved. It has alot of great Mediterranean flavors going on in there, that blend together beautifully, for a salad I know you'll love too! **Cooking time is chilling time.**
- 1⁄2 cup prosciutto, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup basil pesto
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper (for dressing)
- 20 ounces cheese tortellini, cooked and cooled
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into bite sized chunks (about 1 1/2 c.)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded and cubed
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup pimiento, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste (for finished salad, if needed)
- In a hot non-stick skillet over medium/high heat saute the chopped prosciutto until in gets browned and crispy. (use a spray or two of cooking spray if it starts to stick at all).
- Set pan aside to cool while you make the dressing.
- Whisk together the pesto, Greek yogurt, white vinegar, dill, garlic powder, and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Add the crispy bits of prosciutto, the cooked and cooled tortellini, mozzarella, green onions, cucumber, sundried tomatoes, and pimento, and mix well to coat.
- Don't worry if the dressing is a little thin right now, after chilling it with thicken slightly and cling to the salad better.
- Add any more salt and pepper to the finished salad now to taste, if you like.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Before serving stir the salad to redistribute the dressing, and enjoy!