Nice tingly mix wrapped in crisp cool lettuce. Lovely light supper.
Make and share this Derf's Lettuce Wraps recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (I like Lawreys)
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (more if you like)
- parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- crisp lettuce leaf
- Spray a large nonstick frypan with veggie spray, add ground beef, onion and garlic.
- Cook, breaking up any large pieces of beef, until onions are soft and beef almost cooked through, about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Add cucumber, green pepper and red pepper,cook another 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce seasoned salt and sambal oelek, mix well and simmer until reduced by half.
- Place two tablespoons mix on lettuce leaf, roll and serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Fabulous! I've made this twice now. I didn't use the cheese, and on the second go-round added a cup of cooked bulgur for some whole-grain fiber, and doubled the sauce. It didn't change the flavor at all, but added a little more nutrition. We were kind of awkward with the lettuce leaves (used romaine), but it was so worth it! This is really delicious. Thanks for posting!
Wonderful - omitted the cheese and doubled the Sambal Oelek, perfect. Used large Romaine Lettuce leaves and even added a bit of szechuan hot sauce - some like it hot! Thanks Derf for another recipe added to my favorites. Added comments This time I used lettuce from the garden and they were small leaves but still worked. All was tasty & enjoyed Thanks again Derf
These were excellent! I doubled the sambal oelek because I like them really spicy but it all worked great together! Really easy, lightweight dinner! Thanks!!!