Prep 1 min
Cook 14 mins
This is a great quick lunch or side dish. It is as simple and fast as the boxed mac n cheese, but heartier! Servings are 4 little kids lunches or 4 small side-dish servings. This is great with frozen peas or diced ham stirred in. Or add chopped broccoli florets (fresh or frozen) and match stick carrots to the boiling water with the pasta.
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni (or other small pasta shapes)
- 1 -3 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- milk (optional)
- Boil noodles in salted water for 6 minutes.
- Drain noodles by tipping over the sink, using a spoon to keep the noodles from falling out (noodles do not have to be completely drained, some cooking water is okay).
- Return noodles to the stove over low to medium heat melt butter and velveeta, stirring occasionally (Add additional meat, veggies or spices). If desired, thin sauce with a little milk.
- Once melted, serve warm immediately.
I tripled the recipe and added a bit of milk and pepper. We all enjoyed this.
Yummy! I added some salt, pepper, dry mustard, and hot sauce to mine. I doubled the recipe and did have to thin it out with milk. The kids would love this (minus the hot sauce)!
Thanks, MommyMakes! This was super easy and the kids loved it! I tripled it for a supper and added diced ham and did thin it with some milk for the kids and then added a bit of salt & pepper, garlic & dry mustard to mine. When DH gets home later tonight, I suspect he will add tabasco or red pepper flakes to his! Creamy, cheesy & yummy!