This is a recipe from Jyl Steinback's "Supermarket Gourmet Cookbook" that I received from Studentchef in the Spring 2009 Cookbook Swap. It is a quick and easy appetizer and kid-friendly snack. you can substitute ground turkey for the ground beef for lower fat or texturized vegetable protein for a vegetarian alternative.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line baking sheet(s) with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange potato wedges on baking sheet(s). Sprinkle potatoes with spicy seasoning. bake 20 to 25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray, add ground beef and cook, stirring frequently, until browned and cooked through.
- Add barbecue sauce to the cooked ground beef and cook until hot and bubbly.
- Pour meat sauce over potato wedges; top with cheese and bake 5 to 6 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!