Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a recipe from Jyl Steinback's "Supermarket Gourmet Cookbook" that I received from Studentchef in the Spring 2009 Cookbook Swap. It is a quick and easy appetizer and kid-friendly snack. you can substitute ground turkey for the ground beef for lower fat or texturized vegetable protein for a vegetarian alternative.
- 4 medium baking potatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 118.29 ml barbecue sauce
- 19.71 ml spicy seasoning mix, of your choice preferably salt-free
- 236.59 ml shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 453.59 g extra lean ground beef
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line baking sheet(s) with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange potato wedges on baking sheet(s). Sprinkle potatoes with spicy seasoning. bake 20 to 25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray, add ground beef and cook, stirring frequently, until browned and cooked through.
- Add barbecue sauce to the cooked ground beef and cook until hot and bubbly.
- Pour meat sauce over potato wedges; top with cheese and bake 5 to 6 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
these were quite good. i cheated and used a bag of frozen fries, cooked them through, then added the bbq beef and cheese...but, wow, the result was...devoured :-)
Had these for lunch today, what a treat! Very easy and flavorful. Just a word or warning, though: don't use a spice blend that had dehydrated onions in it. They sort of overpowered the other lovely tastes going on. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
These fries were absolutely delicious and disappeared very quickly, and had great flavor from the bbq sauce, thanks! Made for Spring PAC 2009.