6 hrs 30 mins
Choose a jarred sauce that you really enjoy but one that is on the plain side (sauces with large flecks of herbs and lots of garlic or onion powder do not hold up well in the slow cooker). The ravioli should be medium-sized; the extra-large ones tend to fall apart upon serving. If you purchase refrigerated ravioli, freeze them yourself before using them in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) jars red pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried basil (or 1-2 T. chopped fresh basil) or 1 -2 teaspoon italian seasoning (or 1-2 T. chopped fresh basil)
- 2 (25 ounce) packages frozen ravioli (do not defrost)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat the oil over med-high heat.
- 3Add in the onion; stir/saute a few minutes until softened.
- 4Add in the garlic; cook 1 minute (don't allow to burn).
- 5Add in the pasta sauce, wine, and tomato sauce.
- 6Bring to a boil; lower heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, 3-5 minutes.
- 7Taste the sauce; if desired, add the basil.
- 8Pour 2 cups of the sauce into the slow cooker.
- 9Add 1 package of the frozen ravioli; then sprinkle with half the mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- 10add 2 more cups of sauce, the remaining package of ravioli, the remaining mozzarella and 2 tablespoons parmesan.
- 11Coiver with the remaining tomato sauce.
- 12Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours, or on LOW for 5-6 hours.
- 13The casserole is done when a ravioli from the center of the casserole is hot throughout.
- 14Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan and let cook 10 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheesy Ravioli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.7
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 27.6 mg
- Sodium 1376.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: