1/3 Photos of Easy Cheesy Skillet Scalloped Potatoes With Mushrooms
Too hot to turn the oven on? You can still have delicious creamy potatoes with this savory recipe. Peeling is optional, and any kind of parmesan you have is fine. Note: Thanks to the reviewers who made this the second-place winner! I've noted the things you said, and made a few adjustments. Note: This is a stovetop recipe. I do not recommend making it in the oven. Although it can be done successfully, it takes about twice as long to cook using raw potatoes. Using cooked or partially cooked potatoes does not give the sauce a chance to thicken properly. The dish also has a serious tendency to scorch in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup pimiento, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk (use less for a thicker sauce)
- 1Combine potatoes, flour, rosemary, dill, basil, mozzarella, colby-jack, parmesan, salt, pepper and paprika in a large bowl.
- 2Mix well and set aside.
- 3Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- 5Add green onions and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more.
- 6Add pimentos, potato mixture and milk to skillet and stir well to mix.
- 7Cook just until milk begins to bubble.
- 8Reduce heat, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes.
- 9Don't worry if this sticks a little. As long as it hasn't scorched, just stir it up and the sauce should be fine.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheesy Skillet Scalloped Potatoes With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.4
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 45.5 mg
- Sodium 399.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 12.5 g