1/1 Photo of Easy Fish Chowder
A belly-warmer for the long cold days of winter and a meal in itself...Serve with some oyster crackers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place haddock and water in a dutch oven and heat to boiling.
- 2Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer approximately 10-15 minutes or until the fish is white and flakes easily.
- 3Remove the halibut, reserving (set aside) the 'broth' (liquid); cut the haddock into bite size pieces.
- 4Return 1 CUP of the reserved broth to the dutch oven.
- 5Add the potatoes, onion and green pepper and simmer 15 minutes or just until the potatoes are tender.
- 6Add the remaining broth, the haddock, tomato, milk, salt and pepper.
- 7Heat until hot, but do not boil; sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Fish Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.3
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 141.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 26.1 g