1/2 Photos of Easy Microwave Alfredo Sauce
Taken from "Micro Ways" cookbook written by my good friend Norene Gilletz at Gourmaia.com --- there's enough sauce to combine with 1 pound of noodles, if you are doubling this recipe make it separately not in the same pyrex cup --- follow microwave times and you will have a perfect alfredo sauce, the Parmesan cheese may be increase to taste -- this will separate if heated the following day so I suggest to use it all at one time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter (no subs!)
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic (can use a bit more only if you like extreme garlic taste!)
- 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon basil (rubbed between fingers to release the flavor)
- 1 -1 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Place butter and garlic in a 4-cup Pyrex measuring cup.
- 2Microwave uncovered in HIGH for 2 minutes.
- 3Remove and stir in whipping cream, nutmeg (if using) basil and black pepper.
- 4Return to the microwave uncovered on HIGH for another 2-3 minutes, until bubbling.
- 5Remove and stir in Parmesan cheese, return to the microwave for 2-3 minutes longer until thick and smooth.
- 6Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Microwave Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 828.0
- Calories from Fat 751
- Total Fat 83.5 g
- Saturated Fat 52.1 g
- Cholesterol 263.2 mg
- Sodium 972.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 17.7 g