1/2 Photos of Easy Ricotta Eggplant Mozzarella Marinara Bake
This is a recipe that I really do not measure, although I do start with 2 medium eggplants, this is pretty much a recipe that really does not require any measuring you can really put on as much as you wish, I have given the amounts as I think are closest to the amounts that I use when I make this recipe... if you love eggplant as much as we do you will really enjoy this dish. To save time you can bread the eggplants and then place them on a sheet and refrigerate to finish later. Make certain that you have a large cookie or baking sheet to bake them on. You can use purchased or homemade marinara sauce for this, I use my own Kittencal's Marinara Pasta Sauce (Vegetarian) . This can be served as a main dish or as a side dish. I can assure you once you make this dish you will make it on a regular basis, it is so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices eggplants (cut 1/2-inch thick, center-cut)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (more if needed)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 1/2-2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 cups grated mozzarella cheese (can use more or less)
- 4 cups marinara sauce (can use more or less)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- 3Place flour in a shallow bowl.
- 4Place the slightly beaten eggs in another bowl.
- 5Mix the fresh bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese together with black pepper and a pinch of salt, then place the breadcrumb mixture in another bowl (you should have three separate bowls).
- 6Coat the eggplant slices in flour, then in eggs, then in the bread crumb mixture, patting down with fingers to adhere the crumbs to the eggplants.
- 7Up to this point you can cover the slices and refrigerate to finish later.
- 8Heat oil in a large skillet.
- 9Add in 2 eggplant slices; cook until golden brown (about 5 minutes on each side).
- 10Transfer to prepared greased baking sheet in a single layer, but close together (if you can't fit all of the slices in one layer then just overlap them).
- 11Repeat with remaining slices.
- 12Spread about 2-3 tablespoons ricotta cheese over each eggplant.
- 13Top each slice with marinara (you do not have to completely cover with sauce) then sprinkle grated mozzeralla on top.
- 14Bake the slices about 15-17 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the marinara is hot.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Ricotta Eggplant Mozzarella Marinara Bake
Serving Size: 1 (2615 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.2
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 158.0 mg
- Sodium 1456.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 34.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: