A very elegant company-coming or holiday dish. We kids always looked forward to leftovers when Ma had a dinner party, and now make it occassionally for holidays ourselves.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions, drain.
- Saute onion and green pepper in butter, set aside.
- Brown ground beef, drain if nesessary.
- Add onion and green pepper mix to beef, set aside.
- Cream together cream cheese and sour cream, add cottage cheese, mix well.
- Mix cheese mix into noodles, mix well.
- Mix tomato sauce and tomato paste, set aside.
- Butter a 4-quart casserole.
- Pour noodle mix into casserole.
- Spread beef mix over noodles.
- Spread tomato mix over beef mix.
- Bake at 350 degree for 1 hour.
All 9 of us gave it a big 5 stars!! This is easy to make and so very tasty!! My DM actually finished everything on her plate! She doesn't do that very often!! Thanks davianng for a real keeper!! I might just have to rethink my Christmas dinner plans! You're the best baby on PAC!!