Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my favorite rice dish. We usually add a chopped hot pepper too for heat. Also, I like it best with Campbell's soup. We have tried to use cheddar cheese but it is not as good. Mom says you can make it with instant rice but I do not like it as well. If you used brown rice, increase the cooking time a bit.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix everything in a 2 quart casserole using the milk to rinse out the soup can.
- Stir halfway through, be sure to stir all the way to the bottom.
- Add more liquid if it starts to dry out before rice is done.
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes until rice is tender.