Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
3 different kinds of cheese! From Southern Living.
Make and share this Extra Cheesy Grilled Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Stir together butter and parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons butter mixture on 1 side of each bread slice.
- Place 4 bread slices, buttered sides down, on wax paper. Top with provolone and mozzarella cheeses; top with remaining bread slices, buttered sides up.
- Cook sandwiches, in batches, on a hot griddle or in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, gently pressing with a spatula, 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Fantastic! This summer I would love to make this again adding some freshly sliced tomatoes and basil.
All I can say is wonderful! Thank you for a quick, rich, and good tasting sandwich.
Although I have not made it this way yet, I certainly will, because I can tell in advance this would taste wonderful. Thanks for the idea. Alan Leonetti