1/6 Photos of Extreme Cheese Bread
Make certain to purchase a very crusty bread loaf to make slicing easier. You can use French or Italian crusty bread but rustic or ciabatta is better! When you taste this cheese bread, I know that you will be making it all the time, so make a double recipe of the cheese mixture excluding the green onion and store one batch in the freezer for up to 2 months (trust me the mixture will be used up long before the 2 months!) when ready to use defrost in the fridge overnight and just add in the finely chopped green onions, this cheese mixture freezes very well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 12 tablespoons parmesan cheese (can use more)
- 1 large crusty rustic bread, unsliced (or use ciabatta bread)
- salt and pepper
- 1Set oven to 425 degrees (oven rack to second-lowest position).
- 2Cut the crusty bread into about 10-12 (1-inch) slices using a serrated knife.
- 3In a medium bowl mix together the mayo, butter and minced garlic and a dash black pepper until smooth.
- 4Add in the feta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Jack cheese and green onions; mix to combine.
- 5Spread about 2 tablespoons on each slice of bread.
- 6Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese on top, the press down the Parmesan cheese lightly with back of a spoon to make certain that it sticks to the cheese mixture.
- 7Place the slices on a baking sheet.
- 8Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 9Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubble.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extreme Cheese Bread
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.7
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.8 mg
- Sodium 447.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: