Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious baked fish that the whole family enjoys. We like it with noodles and frozen veggies. Recipe source:Bon Appetit (July 1980)
- 2 lbs thick sliced flounder fillets or 2 lbs sole fillets
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I use the part skim cheese)
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Spray a large baking dish with Pam or grease pan.
- Arrange fish in a single layer in prepared baking dish and then sprinkle with cheese and place sliced tomatoes over the cheese.
- Sprinkle all with oregano, garlic salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes (depending on the thickness of fish).
This was soooo EASY!! DH said it looked like pizza...LOL! I love tomatoes so I added extra, sliced very thin!! Those mixed with the flavor of the flounder, mozzarella and oregano...mmmmm...very tasty. I will definitely be making this again!
What a wonderful tasty and easy dinner to make when your in a hurry. I cut the recipe in half and like PSU Lioness I added some minced garlic but otherwise followed the instructions. Definately a keeper for us. Thank you for posting. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag game.
I LOVE this dish! I did throw in some minced garlic for a little added flavor but I will be making this a lot more. Everyone in the house loved it.