1/1 Photo of Farfalle with Chicken, Asparagus and Blue Cheese
I saw this while searching for blue cheese recipes and thought it sounded too good to ignore.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb farfalle pasta (bow-tie)
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breasts, sliced 1/4 inch (may be grilled, poached or broiled)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed,cut into 1-1/2 inch lengths
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, loosely packed,sliced thinly
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse, drain and set aside.
- 2In medium nonstick skillet, heat olive oil; add onion and sauté until translucent.
- 3Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute more; add asparagus, red bell pepper, and 1/2 cup water.
- 4Cook uncovered until water evaporates and asparagus is tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- 5Stir in basil, pasta, and sliced chicken; add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 6Gently blend in blue cheese and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farfalle with Chicken, Asparagus and Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.2
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 57.0 mg
- Sodium 432.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 28.1 g