Here is a healthy dish just bursting with iron and it is low fat & low calorie
Make and share this Feta Cheese, Kale & Red Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Put in the kale and cook 2 minutes (it should be bright green), drain immediately, put under cold water.
- Coarsely chop the Kale.
- In the same pan heat the oil and cook the garlic and onions for about 4 minutes until the onions are clear and the garlic is golden.
- Add a tbsp of water as you are cooking them and it will steam the onions and keep them soft.
- Add kale, salt, pepper half of the feta cheese and the broth.
- Stir and heat through.
- Crumble the remaining feta cheese over the veggies just before serving.