Another Good Housekeeping recipe. I usually add a little more half and half, butter, and flour to make a creamier sauce. My daughter calls this "Cheesy Noodles" - one of her faves. Good with a veggie or salad on the side.
- In 3 quart saucepan, melt butter,stir in flour until blended; cook 30 seconds.
- Gradually stir in half and half- cook,stirring,until mixture boils and slightly thickens.
- Stir in all cheeses,salt and pepper.
- Boil fettuccine till al dente.
- Drain and pour into large bowl or round casserole dish.
- Mix in cheese sauce along with parsley, until well blended.
- Serve immediately.
I was looking for something to do with ham last night and found this recipe. So I made this and chopped up some ham to put in it to make it a main dish. Very filling very much comfort food and very easy. Oh and since it's the only kind I buy I used fat free half and half in it. It was still creamy tasting.
I felt the sauce came out too thick and the cheese was a little stringy. I also felt it needed a little more flavor, but perhaps it was in the cheese I used although I followed the instructions.
Followed the recipe to the "T" very creamy. Served with grilled chicken & salad. Thanks Mep.