1/2 Photos of French Bread Spread
Hey Jude's Note:
Here's a different take on garlic/cheese bread for lovers of black olives. This is a recipe I've tweaked from one I found in a Junior League cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) French bread, sliced in 1 inch slices
- 1Combine butter and mayonnaise and stir until well combined; stir in the grated cheeses, chives, black olives, garlic salt and pepper.
- 2Preheat broiler.
- 3Spread one side of each slice of bread thickly with butter mixture; lay the slices spread side up on a cookie sheet and slide under the broiler until the edges are brown, watching carefully to as not to burn the bread.
- 4Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Bread Spread
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.8
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.5 mg
- Sodium 680.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: