Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here's a different take on garlic/cheese bread for lovers of black olives. This is a recipe I've tweaked from one I found in a Junior League cookbook.
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) French bread, sliced in 1 inch slices
- Combine butter and mayonnaise and stir until well combined; stir in the grated cheeses, chives, black olives, garlic salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread thickly with butter mixture; lay the slices spread side up on a cookie sheet and slide under the broiler until the edges are brown, watching carefully to as not to burn the bread.
- Serve warm.
Holy Cow, Homemade TX toast!! Just like the stuff that you buy from the stores, but better! I didn't have any chives, so I used some parsley, and I used garlic powder. Will be making again and again! Thanks for posting! :)
This cheesy bread spread was such a nice change from the regular garlic butter. I did leave out the olives at 2 members of the family do not like them and they would have been picked off anyways. I forgot to pick up the chives in the grocery list, so these were omitted too. I did add a bit of Asiago cheese as I had some available. Thanks for the posting.....we would use this one again!
This is oh so good, but very rich!!!! It also makes enough for 2 loaves of bread. I left out the olives just because I didn't have any on hand, but followed the recipe to the tea and it will definitely be served at gatherings at my house again. Thanks for an awesome bread spread. Don't leave out the chives for this along with the mayo really made this unique!!!!