1/1 Photo of Fresh Tomato and Goats Cheese Quiche
1 hr 15 mins
Little Sand Fairy's Note:
This quiche is the best I have ever had. It has a bit of a bite to it with the Chilli pepper sauce although you could leave this out. The parmesan pastry also adds to the flavour. This came from a BBC calendar for September.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 175 g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 25 g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 85 g butter, softened
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 350 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 150 ml double cream
- 4 teaspoons chilli hot pepper sauce
- 100 g goat cheese, sliced
- 1Sift flour and salt into a bowl, add parmesan and rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- 2Add 2-3 tbsp of cold water, and briefly knead to make a smooth dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for 20 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 200C/gas 6/fan oven 180°C Put a baking tray into the oven.
- 4Use pastry to line a 23cm/9in loose bottomed flan tin. Prick base with a fork, line with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans. Bake on the hot baking tray for 10 minutes.
- 5Remove beans and paper and bake for 10 minutes.
- 6Set aside. Reduce oven to 180C/Gas 4/fan oven 160°C.
- 7Fry the Shallot and garlic in the oil for 4 minutes.
- 8Mix with tomatoes and parsley in a bowl. Spoon into pastry.
- 9Break the eggs into the bowl, whisk with mustard, double cream, chilli sauce and seasoning. Pour this over the filling, top with the goats cheese and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden.
- 10Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Tomato and Goats Cheese Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.5
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.2 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 228.8 mg
- Sodium 582.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 19.0 g