1/1 Photo of Fresh Vegetable Tian
1 hr 10 mins
Roasted potatoes, eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes, topped with roasted garlic and served with crusty bread. The dish has few seasonings, allowing the flavor of the vegetables to shine. Although it's not necessary, when choosing the vegetables, pick them in somewhat the same diameter. It will make alternating them in the baking dish easier and more visually appealing. A lovely dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small Japanese eggplant, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 head garlic
- 1/3 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- crusty bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick and toasted,for serving (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°; grease a 9" x 13" baking dish with 1 T olive oil.
- 2Arrange the vegetables in the dish in slightly overlapping rows, alternating potato, eggplant, zucchini and tomato; season with salt and pepper; place rosemary sprigs on top and garlic in the center of the dish; drizzle everything with the remaining 3 T of oil.
- 3To keep the dish moist and tender, swirl the dish to move the oil around every 10 minutes; bake 40-50 minutes, until vegetables are tender and garlic is soft.
- 4Remove from oven; remove the rosemary sprigs and set the garlic aside to cool a bit; squeeze the garlic flesh into a bowl and mash; spread it on the vegetables or on the toast if you prefer; sprinkle vegetables with cheese and return to oven 2-3 minutes until cheese is just melted; serve warm.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Vegetable Tian
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.3
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 44.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: