Prep1 hr 40 mins
from Jeff Smith
Make and share this Frugal Gourmet's Ukrainian Pagach recipe from Food.com.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender; drain.
- Saute onion until tender.
- Place potatoes in large bowl and mash; add onions, salt, pepper, cheese, and milk, blending well.
- Prepare roll mix according to package directions, except divide dough in half.
- Roll out bottom section and place on cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pile potato mixture on dough, leaving about a 2" margin around the edge.
- Roll out the remaining half and carefully place it on top.
- Pinch together and crimp edges all around.
- Cut 2-3 venting holes in the top.
- Brush the top with a small amount of vegetable oil, and sprinkle lightly with coarse salt.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.