Three rich and luscious fruits flavor a soft, mellow cheese blend that is rolled in toasted almonds. From "Christmas Cooking From the Heart by BHG". Chill time is not included in prep or cook time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup snipped dried apricot
- 1/3 cup snipped golden raisin
- 1/4 cup snipped pitted dates
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- whole grain cracker
- apple, slices
- 1In a small bowl soak apricots, raisins, and dates in enough hot water to cover for about 30 minutes or until softened. Drain well; set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, place Monterey Jack cheese and cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 3Add orange juice to cheeses in bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined.
- 4Stir in drained apricots, raisins, dates, and salt.
- 5Divide mixture in half.
- 6Shape one portion of the cheese mixture into a log about 5 inches long. Repeat with remaining cheese mixture.
- 7Cover (with wax paper or plastic wrap) and chill logs for 4 to 24 hours.
- 8Before serving, roll each log in toasted almonds.
- 9Serve with assorted crackers and/or apple slices.
- 10NOTE: TO TOAST ALMONDS.
- 11Spread nuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
- 12Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until pieces are golden brown, stirring once or twice.
- 13Cool completely.
- 14Store in airtight container for up to 4 weeks.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruited Holiday Cheese Logs
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.3
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 74.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g