Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Three rich and luscious fruits flavor a soft, mellow cheese blend that is rolled in toasted almonds. From "Christmas Cooking From the Heart by BHG". Chill time is not included in prep or cook time.
- In a small bowl soak apricots, raisins, and dates in enough hot water to cover for about 30 minutes or until softened. Drain well; set aside.
- Meanwhile, place Monterey Jack cheese and cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Add orange juice to cheeses in bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Stir in drained apricots, raisins, dates, and salt.
- Divide mixture in half.
- Shape one portion of the cheese mixture into a log about 5 inches long. Repeat with remaining cheese mixture.
- Cover (with wax paper or plastic wrap) and chill logs for 4 to 24 hours.
- Before serving, roll each log in toasted almonds.
- Serve with assorted crackers and/or apple slices.
- NOTE: TO TOAST ALMONDS.
- Spread nuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until pieces are golden brown, stirring once or twice.
- Cool completely.
- Store in airtight container for up to 4 weeks.
I tripled this recipe since I wanted enough logs to add to 6 holiday gift bags I'm assembling, & these should make a very nice addition to all that's going into each bag, at least that's what my own little taste test told me! Assembling all these great ingredients was easy & enjoyable! Thanks for a very tasty keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Every Day Is a Holiday]