Originally from the back of a pasta sauce jar, this recipe has become our go-to pasta bake! An absolute favorite, chockfull of veggies and luscious cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces pasta, shapes (bowties, rotini, rigatoni, whatever you have on hand)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 zucchini, sliced in thin half-moons (1 green, 1 yellow if you like things pretty!)
- 6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 10 -16 ounces Baby Spinach, sliced
- 26 ounces pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (or heavy cream or fat free half and half)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1Cook the pasta as directed. Preheat oven to 375.
- 2In a very large pan, heat olive oil and saute zucchini until browned. Add mushrooms and carrot and cook until mushrooms are softened. Add spinach, cook until wilted.
- 3Pour pasta sauce the pan, heat through. Sprinkle parmesan on top of vegetable mixture, swirl in half and half. Stir in 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella. Remove from heat.
- 4Toss cooked pasta with vegetable mixture. Put into a greased casserole dish (I use a 9x13 pan) and top with remaining 2 cups of mozzarella.
- 5Bake until cheese browns, about 20-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Fresh Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.7
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 566.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 15.7 g