Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Originally from the back of a pasta sauce jar, this recipe has become our go-to pasta bake! An absolute favorite, chockfull of veggies and luscious cheese.
- 16 ounces pasta, shapes (bowties, rotini, rigatoni, whatever you have on hand)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 zucchini, sliced in thin half-moons (1 green, 1 yellow if you like things pretty!)
- 6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 10 -16 ounces Baby Spinach, sliced
- 26 ounces pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half (or heavy cream or fat free half and half)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- Cook the pasta as directed. Preheat oven to 375.
- In a very large pan, heat olive oil and saute zucchini until browned. Add mushrooms and carrot and cook until mushrooms are softened. Add spinach, cook until wilted.
- Pour pasta sauce the pan, heat through. Sprinkle parmesan on top of vegetable mixture, swirl in half and half. Stir in 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella. Remove from heat.
- Toss cooked pasta with vegetable mixture. Put into a greased casserole dish (I use a 9x13 pan) and top with remaining 2 cups of mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese browns, about 20-30 minutes.
I love this meal! It is fantastic food. I'd love to know if anyone has tried to freeze it.
Very tasty! I did make some changes though. I added broccoli and omitted the parmesan (offering it as an option for a topper). I also used soy milk instead of half-and-half and used about 2 cups of shredded mozzarella. Very good recipe.